Fivebars Job description for:
TELECOMS ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
The Telemarketing Specialist will report to the Sales Director
The Engineering Project Manager is solely responsible for all engineering matters within Fivebars, from the project management and installation of new services, through to handling technical escalations.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Successfully installing varying products and services within new and existing customer premises, predominantly VoIP telephony and PoE network switches.
- Project Management of new business from point of sale through to successful installation of the service. This will involve customer contact on the phone and face to face, setting out project plans and timescales, liaising with BT and other providers
- Keeping the customer updated at every stage, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Working to a maintenance schedule and being clear with customers what is within our scope of service, and what is chargeable
- Dealing with technical escalations from existing customers and attending site where required. This could be simple queries such as a phone not working, or more complex issues with the service that need to be addressed
Individuals who will succeed in this position, will need to:
- Be experienced in installing and maintaining IP telephone systems
- Project Management skills – an official qualification would be great to have, or as a minimum you must display an understanding of how to manage an install from start to finish, setting out timescales and managing customer expectations simultaneously
- Must be capable of operating in a standalone engineering role
- Have a driving license
- Experience dealing with customers, offering excellent service and ‘pushing back’ where required
- Ability to manage own diary with regards to travel and meeting customer requirements
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Able to learn quickly – we are continually updating our product range
- Excellent communication skills, both written and face to face
- Able to use initiative and get the job done
- Perform well under pressure
Knowledge of patching and networking is highly desirable.
Training will be provided for any unfamiliar products, either in-house or with our suppliers.
There are fantastic opportunities to progress within this role. This role will be the first engineering role for Fivebars, and with our growth plans over the next three years we anticipate requiring further engineers. There is the potential for the right person to progress to Head of Engineering and sit on our management team, this would require the ability to set strategic direction for our Engineering services.
If you are interested in applying please submit your CV to us!