Who we are
At Fivebars, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that Fivebars is serious about data privacy and in this policy we’ve provided lots of detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. By visiting our website and obtaining goods and services from us, you are giving us your acceptance and consent to the use of your data as described below.
Types of data we collect
What information do we collect about you?
We will collect information about you, which will depend on the products and services you either purchase or request information about:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address and job title
- Credit and debit card information and / or bank account details
- Call recordings of your conversations with us, all of which are encrypted
- Notes in our database and ticketing system regarding conversations and requests
- Emails / letters received from and sent to you
- Details of your Fivebars account regarding your use of our services or those of our business partners
- Details of your preferences and interest for any products or services, which could be obtained from you directly, or through the use of our products and services
When someone visits www.fivebars.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, enabling us to improve our website experience. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When you use Fivebars Guest Wi-Fi we may collect data about:
- a) your device;
- b) the volume of data which you use;
- c) the websites and applications which you access; and
- d) your usage by access time, frequency and location.
By logging into our Guest Wi-Fi you are giving your consent to the above conditions
We collect and process data about you when you:
- Speak to us on the phone, by email, or fill in forms on our website, or engage with us in other ways such as through social media. We will collect any phone numbers which call us
- Buy products and services from us
- Use our products and services
- Register to receive email notifications and / or other communications from us
- Enter any competitions or surveys managed by Fivebars
- Make contact with us for product / service information
- Contact us with questions and / or complaints
- Visit our website. We will automatically collect technical information, including your IP address and information about your visit
It is possible that we will collect information about you from other sources. We partner with mobile phone networks, telecoms dealers and suppliers, payment services providers, analytics providers and credit reference agencies.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
- We use your information in order to fulfil the contracts we enter into with you. This is used to provide you with the products and services you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, which are similar to those you have enquired about or purchased
- To provide you with information on other products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us the consent to do so
- ‘Consent’ is given when you sign a contract with us for our products and services, or where you have previously made an enquiry for a product or service (such as requesting a proposal). Our products and services are all within the Total Communications vertical, so are deemed to be similar
- Consent is also given when a company or individual explicitly opts-in to receiving our marketing communications. Any opt-ins will be logged and we will store this data about you
- Opt-out opportunities will be offered to you in all marketing communications and your details will be removed from our database if you request so, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
- We will use your information to notify you about changes to our services
- To administer our website and our services and for internal operations, for example data analysis, research and surveys
- To improve our website in order to make it more user friendly
- To keep our site secure
- We will measure the effectiveness of advertising provided to you, to enable us to provide you with relevant information. This is in accordance with point c) above
We will carry our credit checks when you enter into a contract with us or with our business partners. This will be used to assess your application and we only use licenses credit reference agencies. These agencies will keep a record of our search on your credit record. We may also search the electoral roll to verify your address. We may use credit searches and other information, which is provided to us or the credit agencies, about you and those who are linked financially to you, if credit decisions are made about you, or other members of your household. If, at any time during the provision of goods and services to you, you fail to meet our credit conditions, we will contact you. You can request a copy of your credit record by writing to the credit agencies.
How do we share your information?
In order to fulfil your contract with us, we will, from time to time, need to share your data with our business partners and / or suppliers. This will happen when they are involved in the performance of delivering the contract we enter into with you. This will also happen when we work with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in optimising and improving our website. We may also share your data with debt collection or recovery agencies should you fail to provide payment. We will only provide the necessary data for the collection of payment.
We will also provide your data to any law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts, or other public authorities if authorised to do so by law.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer by way of evaluation and continuity of service.
Where do we store your personal data?
Your data will be stored on our secure servers, within systems and applications which are also password protected, for example our Customer Relationship Management system. All payment transactions are processed securely using our provider, GoCardless.
How long do we keep your information?
This will depend on why we collected the information and how we use it. We will only keep your information for as long as necessary to meet our business or legal obligations. Your account information will be held for six years from the end of your relationship with us, this is in case you decide to use our services again, and also to continue to provide you with marketing communications if you haven’t opted out.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will gain your consent prior to using your data for such purposes, either through doing business with you, supplying information you have requested, or through your explicit agreement to receiving such communications. You can ask us to stop processing your data in this way by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to you within 30 days of the request. You can also unsubscribe to our marketing communications at any time using the unsubscribe box at the bottom of our emails.
You can contact us at any time to get a copy of the information we hold about you. This request will be met, within 30 days, free of charge. A fee will be charged for duplicate copies requested in order to cover our costs.
We will also rectify any information we hold on you which is inaccurate. Please contact us at email@example.com to let us know.
Changes to this Privacy Notice