Fivebars Job description for:
VoIP Support Engineer
The VoIP Support Engineer will report to the Engineering Project Manager
The VoIP Support Engineer is responsible for engineering support matters within Fivebars, from the installation of new services, through to handling technical escalations.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure support calls are logged, updated and followed through to resolution on the helpdesk system
- Diagnosing 1st line VoIP and broadband faults
- Processing moves, additional services and changes to VoIP products
- Email and ticket maintenance
- Configuring and dispatching handsets (mainly Yealink)
- Providing support over the phone
- Supporting users with troubleshooting issues with their VoIP connectivity
- Assisting customers to understand products
- Training customers
- Keeping the customer updated at every stage, ensuring 100% satisfaction.
Individuals who will succeed in this position, will need:
- Basic understanding of networking and VOIP telephony platforms
- Knowledge of patching and structured cabling systems is highly desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills within a telecoms background
- Experience of dealing with customers, offering excellent service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and face to face
- Ability to learn quickly, we are continually updating our product range
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Have a full driving license
- Able to use initiative and get the job done
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Preferably at least one year experience in telecoms
Training will be provided for any unfamiliar products, either in-house or with our suppliers.
If you are interested in applying please submit your CV to us!